Marketing automation is the process of using software to automate marketing campaigns and activities throughout the entire buyer’s journey — from initial customer interactions through to post-sales support via EMAIL, WHATSAPP or SMS.
Tasks that otherwise would take a lot of daily time and effort include sending email drip campaigns and follow-up messages, adding sales calls to your calendar, sending invoices, and posting on social media.
Essentially, everything you need for customer relationship management can be done with a marketing automation strategy.
The software itself is the platform that works in the background to make the automation happen, kind of like your very own personal assistant.
The right marketing automation software can help any company get organized, increase sales, improve the customer experience and save a tremendous amount of time. They can be a real game-changer for small businesses – we use our own in-house solution which will save you a lot of money in the long-run, however, if you so wish, we can use your current system.
How Does Marketing Automation Work?
We all have that list of manual, repetitive tasks: reminders, follow-ups, reporting, drafting emails. These tasks aren’t difficult, but they distract you from the more meaningful to-dos that can have a bigger impact on the bottom line. With marketing automation, you can set those manual processes up once and forget about them. Your automated campaigns can continue to run in the background while you focus your attention on bigger projects.
Here’s an example:
- You send an email inviting new leads to attend a webinar about your product or service.
- Leads are directed to fill out a form to attend the webinar.
- Everyone who RSVPs yes is automatically funneled into a new email list (this happens in your marketing automation tool).
- Everyone in that list automatically begins to receive an email nurture campaign.
- It starts off by sending a thank you email to everyone who attended the webinar.
- Then, a few days later, they receive a link to download a case study on a similar topic.
- Finally, when leads download that case study, they are automatically routed to your sales team so they can follow up with them (because these leads are much more qualified and further down the purchasing process).
The possibilities for automating your marketing processes are endless, and the time saving capabilities are enormous.